Automated, rapid, reliable and repeatable transfers to production
DROPS is a multi-platform tool which enables rapid, reliable and repeatable transfers to production. Automation is the key:
- Easy to define deployment workflows via a powerful drag/drop visual interface.
- Flexible deployment sequence can be sequential, parallel or in dependency order.
- Remote, real time tracking of deployments via a web based console.
- Automated software installations and roll-backs post software delivery.
- Control which developer can do what with which artefact.
- Full audit history helps maintain compliance.
- Makes it possible to work across multiple platforms.
- Artefacts properties define which infrastructure element should be loaded (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, IBM Websphere, Oracle, Weblogic or other).
- Supports Windows, Unix, Linux, z/OS and IBM i.
Transfers to production increasingly involve complex steps
Multiple-systems, multiple-platforms, multiple development languages and countless dependencies all add complexity to modern application environments. Regulatory compliance adds the extra imperative to avoid downtime and maintain confidentiality. Business adds an extra pressure to provide new application functions continuously. This all creates a cocktail of challenges for developers in modern application environments.
Many larger enterprises have multiple development groups working on different functions in parallel and therefore the release management effort must be carefully coordinated. Transfers to production must always be rapid, reliable and repeatable no matter how complex the environment or high the pressure. This not something which can be done old-school any more with a few lines of code and an uneasy developer on standby.
Applications are typically in an ongoing cycle of development, testing, and release, running on multiple platforms with growing complexity
Features & Benefits
|Visual deployment map||Define deployment workflow via powerful drag/drop visual interface. Simplifies configuration.|
|Deployment execution||Flexible deployment sequence can be sequential, parallel or in dependency order. Improves flexibility.|
|Execution tracking||Remote, real time tracking of deployments via a web based console. Improves control.|
|Installation phase||Automate software installations and roll-backs post software delivery. Improves automation.|
|Actors and roles||Control which developer can do what with which artefact. Improves security.|
|History||Full audit history helps maintain compliance.|
|Multi-platform artefact repository||Makes it possible to work across multiple platforms.|
|Infrastructure loading||Artefacts properties define which infrastructure element should be loaded (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, IBM Websphere, Oracle, Weblogic or other).|
|Multi-platform||Supports Windows, Unix, Linux, z/OS, IBM i.|